If you have raised funding from investors, you should be providing at least quarterly updates, although I much prefer monthly updates. Here is what I want to see from Founders:
- Specific metrics (revenue, number of customers, downloads, MAU, DAU, KPIs, churn %, etc)
- Cash position, how much do you have, what is your monthly burn and how much runway do you have left
- If your runway is close to 6 months, I wanted to undertand what your fundraising strategy is
- Product updates
- What is going well
- What is NOT going well (don’t bullshit, you need to be transparent)
- What do you need help with (what are the action items for your investors?)
- Current headcount
- New hires
- Open positions
Keep it succinct, you should be able to keep it to one page in length.
Great scorecard/metrics/synopsis to be reviewed with our Leadership Team. Thank you!