Update on 1/29/2016: I am currently reviewing the submitted emails and will respond by Feb 15th if we want to move forward with an interview.
We (SVB) are seeking an amazing intern for the Summer of 2016.
The past interns that I’ve hired have gone to do some interesting things in the startup/venture community:
- Kevin Carter, who subsequently joined SV Angel as an Associate and is now a Partner
- Chaz Flexman, who subsequently joined SVB full-time, then worked for A16Z and now is VP of Strategic Relationship at PCH International
- Thomas Knowles, who subsequently joined the SVB venture arm and is now a Partner at Gratitude Railroad (a VC fund in Utah)
- Dimitris Kouvaros who subsequently and recently became a Director at Newark Venture Partners (a new VC fund / Accelerator)
Here are the characteristics that she or he must possess:
- PASSION for the startup community
- Articulate (both in writing and presenting)
- Takes initiative
- Hard worker
- Have an opinion (let me know which sector(s) you are excited about)
If this sounds like you and can clearly demonstrate the above characteristics, please send me an email at sgoldman at svb.com. In the subject line, use: 2016 Internship.
A few key points to highlight:
- This is a paid position (~$15 / hour)
- Ideally, the candidate is currently a Freshman, Sophomore or Junior
- Start date would be around June, flexible depending on your class schedule
- Could be either full-time or part-time
- Position is based in NYC
- Ideally, the candidate lives in NYC, in case we would like to extend the internship beyond the summer
- You get to work directly with me 🙂
- All the work you will be doing is squarely focused on data/metrics regarding the startup/vc community. A lot of ad hoc projects around venture funding/activity, sector analysis, portfolio reviews, assisting with blog posts, working with CRM, etc.
- I will review applicants emails in January and will make a final hiring decision by the end of February
In short, we are the leading global commercial bank for entrepreneurs and investors. A more detailed overview is provided below.