One of my new year resolutions was to nuke my twitter feed. I was following about 500 people and I unfollowed all of them.
Rebuilding you twitter list takes some time, but here are the steps that I took to rebuild my list:
- Go through my DMs, which is any easy way to refollow people who are important for me.
- There are about ~50 people that I can easily remember to follow again.
- Use SocialRank – this awesome service gives you insights on which of your followers you should follow and who you interact with the most
- I go through my mentions area to see if there are some people that I should follow that I recently engaged with.
- I ask people who I should follow. See this as an example.
Within a few days, I rebuilt my feed with about 250 people. About 50 of those are people I didn’t follow before.
If you have any tips on this, please let me know.
For a ranking of people who tweet financial news, there’s http://www.streeteye.com/leaderboard
Pingback: How Do I Unfollow Everyone On Twitter ? | Shai's Blog