There is an amazing paid internship opportunity for an undergraduate student in NYC.
The last three interns that I have hired are now working full-time at well known firms, specifically SV Angel, Andreessen Horowitz and LivePerson.
The ideal candidate who have this background:
- Undergraduate student, either a current Junior or Senior, preferably a student with a business major
- Student MUST be passionate about entrepreneurship/startup community
- Student MUST be somewhat active in social media, Twitter/Tumblr/Blogging
- Preferably a student from either NYU or Columbia
- MUST be able to work at least 10 hours a week while in school, up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- Previous work experience is a MUST
- Start date is ASAP
- Working with me and the early stage startup team at the Silicon Valley Bank NYC office
- Attend various startup events
- Work on various projects, typically ones that focus on VC funding data/trends
- Update CRM system with client data
- Full-time during the Summer, at least 10 hours/week while in school
- Assuming there is an interest by both parties, the internship can lead to a full-time position upon graduation
Please find a mutual connection and get an introduction, leverage LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. With the introduction, please attach a resume AND a cover letter.
As one of those former interns now working at a16z – I couldn’t possibly endorse this internship more if I tried. Working with Shai was an eye opening experience into the start-up world and ignited my passion for the space which ended up leading me to Andreessen Horowitz. Shai is an incredible mentor and boss who I am now lucky enough to call a friend. I hope the student who ends up in this role understands the true opportunity at their finger tips.
Thanks Chaz for the great endorsement, it was awesome to work with you!