Working in the NYC startup scene is really exciting right now. There is so much energy and enthusiasm in the tech community. There are many VC firms setting up shop, new incubators, growing list of co-working facilities and increasing amount of service providers, all of which are there to support this exploding (in a good way) startup environment.
Silicon Valley Bank has had an office in New York City for 10 years and we are expanding quickly!
I’m looking for a talented person to join our efforts. Do you know someone who fits this criteria?
- Passionate about technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- Passionate about providing excellent customer service (see – Delivering Happiness)
- Ability to interact with Founders and CEOs
- Ability to manage a large portfolio (hundreds) of technology companies
- Experience in financial services is a big plus
- Ability to develop strong relationships with referral sources such as incubators , lawyers, accountants
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently but also work as part of a team
- Ability to do administrative tasks
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits (insurance, 401K, stock purchase plan, 4 weeks of vacation) – more info
- Flexible work schedule and location (home, office, coffee shops, co-working facilities, etc)
- Working for a company that has a great culture. We work hard, are passionate about entrepreneurship and like to have fun
- You get to work with awesome NYC startups!
- The office has less than 20 employees, so it has a startup feel even though SVB has 1,400 employees
- Started in 1983
- We serve three groups: technology companies, venture capital firms and premium wineries
- Traded on NASDAQ, ticker symbol is SIVB
- Company is performing well and expanding
- Global commercial bank with offices in Israel, UK, India and China and 27 offices cross the US
- Headquarters in Santa Clara, California
- So you have gotten this far, which is great. So what are you going to be doing?
- Primary responsibility will be to manage a portfolio of NYC startups, a few hundred
- You are the primary point of contact for NYC startups (self funded, angel funded, VC funded)
- This includes fielding phone call, emails, in person meetings, etc
- Need to educate startups on the products/services offering of SVB
- Open accounts for startups
- Provide awesome customer service, I’m talking about 5 star service
- If you do your job well, the startups you work will refer their startup friends to you
- Allocation of time for this role: 40% opening new deposit accounts, 40% managing the portfolio, 20% networking
- The two of us will be part of a team and will work closely together
- Don’t email me directly (unless you know me already)
- You must receive a referral from someone I know. Leverage LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter to get an introduction. This should be pretty easy, I have a lot of contacts, someone you know probably knows me
- Resume AND cover letter are required. I received several emails with no cover letter, you need to provide one to be considered for the position.
- If you are looking for a VC type position, this is not it (I received several inquiries, who assume this is a role to get on a path of a VC career)